Re: [TowerTalk] OR2800 rotor cable

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OR2800 rotor cable
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:25:53 -0400
I have no way to prove this, but there's reason to believe that the noise
problem is specific to the M2 controller (or, rather that it doesn't deal
properly with the noise.) Green Heron told me that OR2800 rotors will not
have the noise problem with their controller and that they've sold many
controllers for OR2800 rotors and none has had the problem. Accordingly, I
purchased a GH controller for use with my OR2800PX via more than 350' of
standard rotor cable and have never had a noise or missed pulse problem. The
good news is that M2 will sell the rotor without the controller (at least
they did when I bought mine.) I've seen the M2 controller fail at a number
of installations, so I believe there are other good reasons to go with GH.
The GH alternative is more expensive, but well worth it in my opinion.

73, Dick WC1M

Is
> the circuit ground-referenced? If so, RG58 is probably the best solution.
If