Re: [TowerTalk] Postings

To: "Tony Rogozinski" <trogo@telegraphy.com>, "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Postings
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 18:22:52 -0700
> don't get it.  I'll just start checking the archives each day or two - I
> can't be
> bothered with this nonsense any longer.

Why is this a problem?

If you are using a very slow connection, download
first to a file and then browse the file.  That
way it doesn't matter how long it takes to download
the digest.  (Start the download and come back later).

Maybe you need some mail reader software that allows
you to jump to the next message without scrolling
through the message you are finished with.  Often
ctrl-f message will do this.

What I do instead of a digest is just direct all the towertalk
messages to a mail folder.  I can browse that whenever I
want.  Messages come in randomly during the day and never show
up in my inbox.  If a message has a lot of stuff at the end
that I don't want I just jump to the next message and never look
at it.