Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G 1000 DXA Rotor

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G 1000 DXA Rotor
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 11:30:04 -0700
On Sat, 01 May 2010 11:43:06 +0000, K1TTT wrote:

>if #1 passes disconnect the cable from the control box and measure the
>resistance of the pot, I think those are 500 ohms end to end,

Yes. The position-sense pot (within the rotor) is 500 ohms, with one end
"grounded" to pin 3, the high end of the pot is pin 5, and the tap that sense
position is pin 4.

The motor is 8.75 ohms measured at the rotor. If you're measuring at the
controller, add the wire resistance of the cable. Yaesu's wire size vs.
distance specs translate to a maximum permissible loop resistance of 2.5
ohms. (That is, if you're using a long run, wire size should be increased to
keep the wire resistance below 2.5 ohms).

73,

Jim K9YC