To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 89, Issue 64
From: Dayle Johnson <ne_redneck@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 17:12:19 -0500
HI I HAVE ONE....

ALL ELEMENTS ARE ACTIVE ON ALL BANDS.

THE 2 CENTER ELEMENTS ARE IN A LOG PERIODIC CONFIGURATION

THE PITCH FORK LOOKING AREA OF EACH ELEMENT ARE MATCHING AREAS..TRAPS IS NOT
THE CORRECT TERM SO I'VE BEEN TOLD.

THIS IS AN OLD ANTENNA ALSO..THE MANUAL HAS AN ADDRES FROM CALIFORNIA.

I JUST REPLACED ALL THE PLASTIC RE-ADJUSTED ALL TO THE NUMBERS IN THE MANUAL

AND PUT IT UP.  I WOULD NOT WORRRY ABOUT THE COLOR OF THE ALUMINUM.  JUST A
FUNCTION OF AGE.  NATURALLY ANY ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS TO THE BOOM SHOULD HAVE
THE AREA CLEANED.

NOW ANY AREAS THAT HAVE A CHALKY/POWDERY LOOK ARE BAD SPOTS.

K0SZ

Message: 7