Re: [TowerTalk] re installing my hdxmdpl72 question on rebar

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] re installing my hdxmdpl72 question on rebar
From: "Clay W7CE" <w7ce@curtiss.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 10:28:41 -0700
Check out the latest foundation plans on the US Tower web site.  They have
recently changed the drawings for their foundations and now require 16
pieces of vertical rebar, two in each corner and two in the center of each
side.  Unfortunately, there are multiple mistakes in the drawings so it is
unclear what size they want.  The drawing for the HDX-572 foundation shows
16 - #6 vertical bars while the material list show 16 - #7 bars.    Also,
instead of 10 horizontal rebar loops, there are now 20 of them.  10 of them
are wrapped around the corner rebar and 10 are wrapped around the rebar in
the center of each side.  Again there are mistakes in the material list
since those two sets of 10 rebar loops have different dimensions and the
only size given is for the loops that wrap around the corner rebar.  There
are similar mistakes on the HDX-589 foundation drawings.  Personally, I'd
fire any Engineering firm that doesn't catch mistakes this obvious before
sending them to the client.  Also, US Tower should be smart enough to catch
this stuff before they publish it on the web site.

73,
Clay  W7CE