Re: [TowerTalk] 25G questions - House Bracket Noise

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 25G questions - House Bracket Noise
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 22:25:40 -0400

On 6/7/2010 9:36 PM, Bill Aycock wrote:
> Keith-
> could you describe your"Tag Line" for me? It sounds like what I have, that I
> was thinking about replacing. I may want to re-think that.

Messenger cable?
Although Michigan is not noted for being a high lightning area, as I've
mentioned before, my tower has been hit 17 times that I know of so it's
probably been hit more than that. I'm a firm believer in bringing the
coax in underground if at all possible.  With a bracketed tower, I'd
still run the coax to the base of the tower where I'd have the shield
grounded.

Suspended conductors are great at picking up induced voltages and
horrendous static charges if not grounded. This includes any control
cables such as rotator and remote antenna controls.

73

Roger (K8RI)