Re: [TowerTalk] 25G questions - House Bracket Noise

To: Bill Aycock <billaycock@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 25G questions - House Bracket Noise
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 22:16:00 -0400
Years ago, I had a setup similar to many described here - 4 10' sections of
25G into a concrete section, bracketed to a 2 story frame house. Antenna was
a EXP-14 with a 40M extension.

When the wind really blew, the "twang" from the elements smacking around
were transmitted throughout the house. I remember one chilly winter evening
when my (then 4 year old) son came into my bedroom scared of the noise.

Later, I had the same tower on a masonry 1 story house in Florida with a
concrete tile roof. I never heard a peep.

It likely depends on other variables - the construction of your house and
whether or not the attach point contributes to the resonance characteristics
of the tower...

Mickey N4MB

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 9:36 PM, Bill Aycock <billaycock@centurytel.net>wrote:

> Keith-
> could you describe your"Tag Line" for me? It sounds like what I have, that
> was thinking about replacing. I may want to re-think that.
> Thanks-- Bill--W4BSG

Mickey Baker
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me, and
I will learn.” Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.