Re: [TowerTalk] C3i Still in Business ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] C3i Still in Business ?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 02:02:38 -0400
An update based as what I can find.

On 6/10/2010 12:53 AM, N7mal wrote:
> Let me splain myself especially to those who sent me private responses. No
> I'm not stupid. The only C3 type antennas I'm familiar with come from Force
> 12(or whoever they are today).

We are not talking about C3 type antennas, but rather the C3i company
which used the K1FO design for their antennas was a different company.
IIRC they did make a C7-50, but most of their antennas used the
designation FO and IIRC for example the 12L 2-meter Yagi was an
FO144-12, or FO12-144.   I have one of the 7L 6-meter yagis, 2 of the
FO144-12 and 2 of the FO440-11

C3i was sold to an individual who created Ariane Arrays, Inc.  That
company is no more. The assets were sold/auctioned off.
Another company (Directive Systems) now sells the VHF and UHF antennas
of the K1FO design   http://www.directivesystems.com/
Force 12 has had nothing to do with the C3i company or products AFAIK.
>   They make C3E, C3S, C3SS, etc etc. Dick,

These (C3E, C3S, C3SS, etc etc ) are HF antennas while the C3i antennas
were VHF and UHF.
I plan on putting up a C-19XR tribander if all works out.
> W1KSZ, asked about a C3i without any other clue so I sent the Force 12(or
> whatever they are today) link to him.
I can see how that could be confused with C3i.
>   Dick also added "" Are they still a
> viable company ?  "".

No, C3i and their successor are not.
> Since Force 12(or whatever they are today) has gone through 3 owners in less
> than 2 years Dick, W1KSZ, may very well have been referring to them.

I can also see why that would add even more confusion as force 12 also
sells VHF and UHF antennas but of a different design.
Finding them can be a bit confusing with Internet searches, but I come
up with http://www.wimo.de/cgi-bin/verteiler.pl?url=antenna-force12_e.html

I hope that helps without adding more confusion.

73

Roger (K8RI)