Re: [TowerTalk] best way to shine up an old yagi?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] best way to shine up an old yagi?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 23:32:45 -0400

On 7/12/2010 6:24 PM, Hector Garcia XE2K wrote:
> This pads are great to clean and leave smooth the surface of any metal pipe or
> tubing
> and are the first thing to use  if you want to make  SHINE the idea is to
> polish
> is how I understand
>
> Force 12 use no polished aluminum to save money , CC use it and the antennas
> shine when New

I'm not so sure ... All aluminum I've purchased from the distributor
comes from the mill with a highly reflective surface (inside and out)
from either being drawn or extruded. It's my impression the dies impart
this shiny, mirror like finish. Two weeks ago they delivered 5 24'
lengths of 2" X 1/8" , one with 3/16" wall and three 24' lengths of 1
1/2" with 1/8" wall. All 6061-T6 and all have the appearance of a
polished finish, but they are the standard, from the mill condition.

Normally the dull, non reflective finish comes from aging out in the
weather, bead blasting, or tumbling

73

Roger (K8RI)