[TowerTalk] Fwd: best way to shine up an old yagi?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: best way to shine up an old yagi?
From: hanslg@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 08:21:30 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Sent: Mon, Jul 12, 2010 3:01 pm
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] best way to shine up an old yagi?

In a message dated 7/12/2010 6:43:47 PM Greenwich Standard Time,

xdavid@cis-broadband.com writes:

You can  rub it with Scotchbrite pads to remove surface oxidation,

> especially  where parts join, but WHY would you want it to 'shine'

>  otherwise?

Ah, but don't they look pretty glimmering in the sun...if you don't  have

any neighbors.

I've always found the signals are louder with a new shiny  antenna.  It

allows the RF to slip off better.

Bill KH7XS (soon to be QRT and QSYed to  K4-land)

Yes, and if you let a plastic owl rub it, the signals slip off even better.

By the way, in my town, Halilfax, VT the antenna ordinance require an antenna
to be painted in dull paint not to attract too much attention.

Hans - N2JFS