Re: [TowerTalk] best way to shine up an old yagi?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] best way to shine up an old yagi?
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 20:17:14 -0700

Just about anything will stand out against the sky, but in general flat
dark colors are the least noticeable.  I used to live in the middle of
Scottsdale and I spent a lot of time looking around while I was driving
to and from work to see what structures stood out the least.  After I
relocated to a more rural area close to the Mexican border I did the
same thing.  Again, flat dark colors were the most consistently
unobtrusive.  When I put my tower and antennas up, I added some lighter
colors to break up the shape, but if I wanted to please the majority of
people in a neighborhood environment and could only choose one color, it
would be a flat dark charcoal.

73,
Dave   AB7E