Re: [TowerTalk] GROUND SYSTEMS

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] GROUND SYSTEMS
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 06:44:49 -0400
Even with the increased price of copper these days, 3/4" thinwall copper
tubing is still pretty cheap.  I recall that someone a few years ago
had, on a web page, a RF grounding installation made entirely of 3/4" or
1" copper tubing.

I'm a little surprised, though (not knowing any better) that the
inductance of a tube at HF is only as good as the tube flattened
(roughly equivalent to 1 1/4" strap - I would have thought it would be
closer to strap the size of the circumference of the tube, or twice that.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,