Re: [TowerTalk] Truss clamp for 2" mast ??

To: towertalk@contesting.com, john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Truss clamp for 2" mast ??
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 19:02:58 EDT

In a message dated 7/22/2010 5:25:02 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  For my homebrew antennas I fasten a small plate of  aluminum to the mast
with
a u-bolt.  The plate has holes on each end  and I connect a 3/8 EJ
turnbuckle
to each side of the plate for the boom  truss.  For larger antennas I mount
piece to angle stock to the  mast, perpendicular to the boom and use two
turnbuckles on each half of  the boom (four total) to create a V truss.

    You don't even need any kind of plate. Just mount  the eye of the
turnbuckle on the end of the U-bolt and use a big washer to  capture it under
the
nut and you're good to go!

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC