Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical antennas and lightning

To: "David Gilbert" <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical antennas and lightning
From: "Bill Aycock" <billaycock@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 12:36:24 -0500
David--
This argument has always had holes, as far as I am concerned. It is  not the
strike energy that "Bleeding" will handle, but the static charge that helps
create an ionized path, that the strike can follow.  Diminishing that path
HAS to help.
Additionally, I know this is not absolute; I merely want to improve the odds
a little.  Other protection is also needed.
Comment?
Bill--W4BSG