Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: shack wiring

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: shack wiring
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 21:54:08 -0400

On 8/4/2010 2:30 PM, Rick Karlquist wrote:
> You think you have it bad, I have two 100A services
> and one 200A service all running through the same
> set of AWG 4 wires (that's right FOUR gauge).
> The wires are several hundred feet long.  The power
> company guy didn't seem to understand why I had a
> problem with that.

When I built the previous house (all electric) Consumers ran 3 X #6
Copper underground to the meter. From there on I had to run 00 copper to
the 200A panel.
That was a long time before copper became expensive. But they gave me
the credits for an all electric house and then ran a feed for a regular
one. I had an amp that used a transformer that was larger than the one
they had on the pole. Of course that's the one we burned up before
they'd put in the proper one.

73

Roger (K8RI)