Re: [TowerTalk] Proximity to power lines

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Proximity to power lines
From: "Tony Brock-Fisher" <barockteer@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 07:05:10 -0400
Bill-

I have high tension lines running literally over the corner of my property,
less than 100 feet from my tower. I survive! What I find is I get much more
trouble from low tension stuff on my street than I do from the 115KV lines. The
power company pays really close attention to the big stuff - not so much to the
lower voltages.

In my case the lines are on 60' poles. I have heard horror stories from others
who are near HT lines on metal towers. Apparently the metal towers rust and
corrode and become radiating monsters....

So one more data point - it can be done.

Tony, K1KP