Re: [TowerTalk] Underground Utilities

To: "Gary E. Jones" <garyejones@cmaaccess.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Underground Utilities
From: John - K4WJ <k4wjfoc1749@wildblue.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 21:48:38 -0400
In Pembroke Pines, FL, FP&L was responsible for all power lines up to and
including the power meter. From there on it was my responsibility.

I now live near Trenton, FL and I had a whole house generator added to my
electrical system. The electrician doing the work told me he can work up to
the power meter, after that it was the power company's responsibility.
However there was no work required beyond the meter other than marking where
the underground power cable was routed from the transformer to the house.
The power company marked the cable and pulled the fuse at the transformer
box.

It is interesting how responsibility varies from one state to another. Or
does it vary within a state too?

73..de John/K4WJ