Re: [TowerTalk] Pour Complete

To: n2ki@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pour Complete
From: k2qmf@juno.com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 15:16:47 -0400
Hello Anthony,

I am not an expert on tower installation but
I see two things that "could" be a problem.

First, they say to pour concrete into a hole against
undisturbed soil without a wood frame!!
Your hole sure has disturbed soil on all four sides...

Second,  It seems to be too close to the house.
If you have a basement the tower base could push
against the basement wall causing it to cave in...

Again, I am no expert in this area. Just my personal observations.

73,
Ted  K2QMF

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 14:59:08 -0400 "Anthony J. Cioffi \(N2KI\)"
<n2ki@amsat.org> writes:
> Let the curing begin!  All is done for now here.  That had to be some
> of the hardest work I have done in a long while.  8.5
> cubic yards of 4000psi concrete. Next step is to put together the
> tower sections.  Probably over the weekend.  More pictures
> on Picasa.

http://picasaweb.google.com/109109461434829776230/N2KISTowerInstallation?
authkey=Gv1sRgCKjzp8rAo7jNzwE&feat=directlink

> Anthony - N2KI
> 30MDG - 1187
>  www.n2ki.com

SHOCKING: $100 Walmart Gift Card for $6.39
SPECIAL REPORT: High ticket items are being auctioned for an incredible 90% off!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4c7ff847bd30c76ad8st05vuc