Re: [TowerTalk] Thoughts on this

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Thoughts on this
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 05:31:53 -0400
  This is not a legal opinion, but as I read it, the first section lists
antennas that are not accessory antennas; IOW commercial systems, be
they transmitting or receiving.  The section 12.1.A.4  (applicability)
lists Amateur Radio antennas that do not exceed 70 feet as accessory
structures.

I would assume there are more paragraphs that regulate antennas that are
not accessory structures and *might* or might not give you and out for
going higher.  They may be permitted only in specific zoned areas.

Were it me I'd at least check the "Ham Law" reflector and then if
necessary get a legal opinion.

73

Roger (K8RI)