Re: [TowerTalk] Arrow customer service

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Arrow customer service
From: Kevin Normoyle <knormoyle@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 00:15:07 -0700
  for what it's worth:
I ordered a number of  2.4" toroids from Arrow, type 31 and 43.

They packed  ten  to a custom foam sheet with holes cut to size the
toroids..with foam under and over that, then with
cardboard sheets taped over that. And then all in a box with bubble wrap.This
is very good packing. The toroids don't
move  in the custom foam sheet and can't even come close to each other. This
might be the packing from the manufacturer.

I didn't order ten of the type 43, and they wrapped each toroid individually in
bubble wrap and taped, then they were
put into a box with layers of bubble wrap above/around/on top of that.

All arrived fine. (US). Packing seemed perfectly fine to me. Yeah I could
imagine with some rough handling and bad  luck
of the draw from the bubble wrapping guy, one could crack.

But I really can't imagine anyone complaining about the packaging.
If you're really worried about it, you might get the better packing if you
order multiples of 10 (for 2.4")

-kevin
ad6z

-