[TowerTalk] Ran Short of Concrete

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ran Short of Concrete
From: Steve Bagley <n2mai@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:42:02 -0400
Hello All,

Another concrete question...  I mixed 45 80lb bags yesterday (electric
mixer) and still ran short!  My guess is that I have one cubic yard in the
ground with the tower base in it.  I am about 6 inches below grade.

Thoughts on how to rectify this?  Add more concrete on top?  Fill the top
with gravel for drainage? Fill the top with topsoil?

My son worked his butt off helping me!  Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Tower is going to be an Ameritower, 50 foot with a Mosley TA-33.  Guyed, of
course.

Steve, N2MAI