Re: [TowerTalk] sprinkler system control cable

To: Tom_N2SR <tom_n2sr@yahoo.com>,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] sprinkler system control cable
From: Mark K5AM <k5am@zianet.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:59:21 +0000
Tom,

I use sprinkler system control cable at the ranch,
underground between several buildings, for:

Telephone lines
Intercom
Generator remote control lines
Winter battery maintenance via solar

I haven't used it above ground, or for rotator
control.

So far I have had one conductor failure out of
about 80, in 14 years. But I have not traced the
failure; perhaps my connection error. I was lucky
to have installed extra conductors. This is thickly
wooded land, with lots of hungry underground
creatures, so the cable seems to be made for that.

The sprinkler cable is rated for low voltage. For
240 from the generator to the well and to the rig, I
use underground romex.

Photo: www.zianet.com/k5am/cabin.html

73,

Mark, K5AM