Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower MA40 mast oops

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower MA40 mast oops
From: "Kurt Cathcart, KR2C" <Kurt@KuhlRoad.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 18:21:09 -0400
OK.  I pulled the bottom cap off and inside was the 3" square inner
mast.  Attached to this was the bracket for the raising cable and also a
4" round plate to guide it through the outer mast.  i unhooked the cable
and pulled out the 3" square inner mast.  This was light enough for me
to tilt up to about 75 or 80 degrees.  The 2" mast then slid down to the
top from where it fell in from.  The problem is that at the top of the
3" square mast is a slightly larger than 2" pipe welded to the top of
the 3" square mast.  this pipe is only about 6" long  but I can't seem
to get the 2" mast past the weld where the slightly larger than 2" pipe
connects to the 3" square piece.  Any suggestions?

-Kurt
KR2C