Re: [TowerTalk] STACKED 40 METER BEAMS MATCH

To: Bob Gibson <w5rg@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] STACKED 40 METER BEAMS MATCH
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 11:15:08 -0500
Sounds about right.

If the impedance at the shack end of the coax is 50 ohms for each,
then in parallel, that's 25 ohms = 2:1.

You can compensate in many different ways, or course, but the easiest
is to use a stack match .. or build your own.

Another way is to use coax that DOES NOT match the impedance of your
antenna so as to make the impedance at the 'junction' the parallel
value of two 100 ohm lines ... but that's the WORST way to do it.

Good luck,
Don
N8DE