Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, "David Gilbert" <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rods
From: "JoeCoolDXer" <JoeCoolDXer@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 12:40:16 -0800
It's interesting how certain requirements creep into specifications possibly
just because it's possible to do them.
Recognize if lightning gets into a home it seems to have no trouble traveling
through screwed
and friction (plug-in) connections, sharp bends, and ultimately zapping lots of
stuff.

If CADwelds and OneShots are important in ground rod connections, why then, for
example, is it not also required
to weld all those electrically unreliable bolted joints between tower
sections...??

Don N7EF