Re: [TowerTalk] Breaking all the tower climbing rules at an

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Breaking all the tower climbing rules at an
From: "Larry Banks" <larryb.w1dyj@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 10:13:29 -0500
I am involved in Corporate Training at both Hewlett-Packard, it's offshoot
Agilent Technologies, and now it's offshoot Avago Technologies.  Anyone who
has a job that requires ladder usage takes mandatory ladder training.  I
took it just because I was curious.  It was  (and remains) one of the most
useful courses I ever took.

On the other hand, I worked my way through college as a maintenance
electrician in a steel mill and spent a lot of time on ladders.  No training
was given -- although this was the late '60s.

ANYONE who uses a ladder should Google "Ladder Safety Videos" and view some.
One I just reviewed that is reasonable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlh3evxXU4s

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ