Re: [TowerTalk] Four Square Array: effect of placing tower with yagi etc

To: Barry Kirkwood <barry.kirkwood@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Four Square Array: effect of placing tower with yagi etc in centre of four square
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 05:59:10 -0800
Barry Kirkwood wrote:
> Hi all:
> Would be grateful for any opinions, experience, modeling exercises etc on
> effect of placing a typical lattice tower with yagi on top in middle of the
> four verticals making a four square vertical array for 160m.
> Good idea? Bad idea? Are characteristics of tower critical?
> Tnx es 73
> Barry ZL1DD

I seem to recall someone who built a dual 40/80 4 square using a tower
in the center for the support, and hanging wire verticals from 4 guy
lines.  There was some modeling and test data.. I'm pretty sure it was
on this list, so an archives search might turn it up.

 From a modeling standpoint, the tower cross section is 'small' compared
to wavelength, so you could probably model it as one big fat wire made
of steel.