Re: [TowerTalk] 80/40 coax trap dipole design

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80/40 coax trap dipole design
From: Rik van Riel <riel@surriel.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:58:30 -0500

>   >  Now for the big question - could this antenna somehow
>   >  be combined, by inserting traps in the gaps? :)
>
> Insert a shorted 1/4 wave 160 meter stub (1/4 wave x Vf
> on 1.840) in the gap.  You have an open circuit on 160
> and a short on 80.

That would take care of one of the traps, and keep the
antenna from working on 60m...

The puzzle is to get an antenna like this (T is trap,
X is feedpoint) to work as:
- a double L (lazy U) on 160
- a 2 element bruce array on 80
- something reasonable on 60 :)

X                                          T

I have not figured out the puzzle yet...

--
All rights reversed.