Re: [TowerTalk] New Tower Old Base

To: knormoyle@surfnetusa.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New Tower Old Base
From: KJ6Y@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 12:28:48 EST
The first time I needed to do this, I contacted Hilti Products and talked
to their engineers.  Sent them a copy of the engineering calcs from US
Tower and they came back with the necessary product needed.
It was for a HDX-572MDPL tower.  Took 6 1 1'8" high strength threaded  rod
embedded 22" into the concrete.  Used the epoxy and the application  gun. I
asked what was the pull out strength of each and was told a minimum  17,000
lbs on each anchor. Proceeded to installed the tower in the usual way of
tilting up with the raising fixture. Carefully watching the anchor bolts as I
lifted the tower, nothing happened and the installation went just like any
other  normal installation. I have since done this on other installations
with no  problems.
I used a concrete coring company to do the larger holes. Doesn't  cost a
lot and they can go deeper than any drill bits I have.  Of course,  the
existing foundation should meet the new tower specifications.

Skip,  KJ6Y
_Communications Service  Co_ (http://www.communicationsserviceco.com/)
818-887-3569