Re: [TowerTalk] When to RETIRE from climbing?

To: Mark Robinson <markrob@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] When to RETIRE from climbing?
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 21:18:08 -0400
On Mar 18, 2011, at 8:51 PM, N1UK wrote:

> Large yagis can be hoisted up with the gin pole and tower operator can
> wiggle the yagi around the guy wires, or a tram line can be set up and the
> yagi can be hoisted up in that manner. That was how the yagi was hoisted up
> onto my tower.

Not with the woods that surround my tower.  I have to assemble everything at
the top, then swing it up into place around the top set of guys and any other
beams already mounted to the mast.  And no way to get a cherry picker close
enough, regardless of how much they cost.  Helicopter might do the job, however.

Bud, W2RU