Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering Radials?

To: "'F5vjc'" <foxfive.vjc@gmail.com>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering Radials?
From: "Wes Attaway \(N5WA\)" <wesattaway@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:15:33 -0500
Regular solder is just fine, as a couple of folks have already pointed out.
Clean the metal, use a torch to get enough heat, and make your connections.
All you need to do next is to weatherproof the soldered joints.  What I use
is some black roofing compound that you can get at just about any hardware
store.  Just apply it with an old paint brush.  The joints will last longer
than you will.

1138 Waters Edge Circle, Shreveport, LA 71106
    318-797-4972 (Office) - 318-393-3289 (Cell)
        Computer Consulting and Forensics