Re: [TowerTalk] Temporary guys

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Temporary guys
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 10:32:46 -0400
I use nylon rope all the time for tower work and for supporting temporary
antennas and I have never seen the stretch that you describe Roger.
Actually I like a little stretch when installing large antennas as it allows
for a little height adjustment while on the tower. According to the
internet, nylon rope stretched 10-15% when under a load equal to 30% of it's
breaking strength.

John KK9A