Re: [TowerTalk] Interpreting symptoms

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Interpreting symptoms
From: krishna kanakasapapathi <kkanakas@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 07:29:50 -0400
Yep Martin is right.
Mike,
One way to figure it out is, if the motor movement sound can be heard
from the ground level, park someone outside
and turn the motors. Any odd noise, you will know what has happened to a
specific EHU.
You can do so with the controller in the test mode. Test each motor and
observe. You will have an idea of which
EHU is messed up. You can either get a spare EHU or order new tape reels,
bring the old EHU down and swap out the tape reels. I have seen
it happen, when the tape gets out of the spool, it most likely ends
getting caught in the sprocket gears and should be
replaced for reliability reasons.

Most likely not a coax issue. Also unlikely for the balun to go bad and
my guess is that, it is your driven that is at fault.

Good luck
Krish
w4vku