Re: [TowerTalk] Need for a LM470 sheave(pulley)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need for a LM470 sheave(pulley)
From: K8RI on TT <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 02:14:44 -0400
On 5/30/2011 1:27 AM, Eugene Jensen wrote:
> Locate a bearing company that normal sell to the machineshop trade's and the
> counter person can normally come up with a match or something close to it.
> Run a google on bearing company's and start dialing. 73 Gene K2QWD

Press the bearing out and mike the ID, OD, and thickness.  The OD will
be the same size as the OD of the sheave for in interference/press fit.
The ID needs to be a slip fit over the shaft which may require polishing
to get the new bearing to fit.

The first step might be to take the bearing to an automotive supply
house or parts store and see if they have any thing that will match it.
That *might* be the easiest and lest expensive approach.

73

Roger (K8RI)