Re: [TowerTalk] Slightly OT - antenna damage

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Slightly OT - antenna damage
From: Howard K2HK <k2hk@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 18:54:18 +0000
Unfortunately, I have had the problem you have described as a result of being
in the path of a tornado on two separate occasions. I must say K1TTT has
described the situation perfectly and exactly the steps I have gone through. In
my case the result was receiving the amount originally submitted. You may have
to pay for an estimate but it will be worth it. There are several things that
might not occur to a person doing this for the first time which can
significantly increase the cost. One other possibility which in fact happened
to me is the person giving the estimate and who ended up doing the work charged
more than the original amount requested. Be wary.