Re: [TowerTalk] ground isntallation tips for coaxials

To: "Jorge Diez - CX6VM" <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ground isntallation tips for coaxials
From: "K0DAN" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 12:44:07 -0500
I would not suggest solder as primary bond. Rather, use bolts, nuts, and
star washers to bond all your big groundrods/bus. If you want, you can add
#4 (or larger) wire and solder ring lugs across the mechanical connections.

I would not recommend burying in concrete, rather, weather-proof your bolts
(& your soldered connections...if you use them) with a weatherproof grease,
Kopr-Shield, etc. Inspect annually and re-do connections and weather shield.
Leave a few cm of ground rod above ground level so you can access it,
inspect it, and repair it if necessary.

GL es 73

Dan
K0DAN