Re: [TowerTalk] Two signals on the same frequency?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Two signals on the same frequency?
From: K8RI on TT <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 17:37:18 -0400
On 8/14/2011 4:48 PM, Chet wrote:
> I don't think you will be any louder but At least one consequence of tx's on
> the same freq is a much wider bandwidth.

How so?  1 or 10 all on the same frequency, the strength adds
algebraically, not the width.  They are the same frequency and would
serve as one transmitter with twice the power in this case, but only if
as others have pointed out the signals were in phase.

As pointed out there is the difficulty of keeping two transmitters not
on the same frequency, but other than that it's simple math.

73

Roger (K8RI)