[TowerTalk] Old "new" Prosistel 61 - need comparison with current model

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Old "new" Prosistel 61 - need comparison with current model 61D
From: "W7ZZ" <w7zz@wavecable.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 19:17:27 -0700
A local ham with a health issue is selling a new, never used Prosistel 61 that
he bought in 2001 but never installed.  It's a 48 volt AC model.  It has the
Prosistel control box, which I think is the C model.  I would like any
information that can be provided on the differences between the old model that
would have been sold in 2001 and the current version, which I know runs on DC
(but I don't know what difference that really makes).  My debate is price for
this new/old unit versus biting the bullet for the brand new one with a
warranty.  I'll be turning a 4 element Steppir at 70 feet and a Cushcraft XM240
at 80 feet in a location that several times a year sees some high winds.

Any comments will be welcome.  Any opinions on what a fair price for this "new"
unit would be?  Thanks in advance.
Doug
W7ZZ