Re: [TowerTalk] Protecting ferrites?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Protecting ferrites?
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 08:04:37 -0700
On 8/30/11 7:50 AM, Jim Brown wrote:

> These principles have been well known by engineers who work with ferrite
> materials since the 1940s, and references to them can be found in
> applications notes from major manufacturers of ferrites from Europe and
> North America.  The classic texts on ferrites were written between 1950
> and 1975 by a Dutchman, E. C. Snelling, who worked for one of those
> companies.

Snelling's book (originally written for Philips, a mfr of
ferrites/powdered metal components, as Jim noted) is a great reference,
particularly the (hard to get) 2nd edition.  I had to find a copy in a
library.

Soft Ferrites, Second Edition, Properties and Applications.
E.C. Snelling

(Amazon has a used copy for a mere $400)

http://books.google.com/books/about/Soft_ferrites.html?id=yRNTAAAAMAAJ

maybe we can write to Butterworths Heinemann (who hold the copyright)
and convince them to let google books make it available.