Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum tubing slip joints seized - my final answer

To: <k0rc@citlink.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum tubing slip joints seized - my final answer
From: "Mike & Becca Krzystyniak" <k9mk@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 21:30:55 -0500
Hi Bob,

   As you may know, the original Telrex designs used a double wall tip to
dampen the low rate oscillations caused by the wind or other (and many used
the corona tear drop too).  The double walls on the element tips of my
20M436 were in the neighborhood of 4' - 6'.  Put in backwards the element
tips broke off in just a few months.  Double wall toward the boom and none
failed, ever.  And it never rattled in the wind either.  Element wig-wag
became my next foe...

73's  Mike K9MK