Re: [TowerTalk] Recognize this tower?

To: "Felipe J. Hernandez" <fhdez@vpnet.net>, "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>, "TOWERTALK@contesting.com" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Recognize this tower?
From: David Blake <dhblake@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:49:51 -0700 (PDT)
I have never had an antenna higher than 50 feet.  I have worked all countries,
more than 300 countries on 6 bands, all 40 zones on 6 bands, DXCC 352
countries, etc, etc.  Probably many here have been beaten by me in pileups,
mostly those with higher antennas   --  HI.  The point is, yes,  I'm certain
there are times when long haul, very low angle radiation and higher antennas
would have helped but it certainly isn't a necessity.  You can do well with
lower antennas, not have to invest as money and sleep easier when there are
hurricanes, ice storms or whatever else mother nature throws your way.

73
Dave -N4DB-