Re: [TowerTalk] Recognize this tower?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Recognize this tower?
From: K8RI on TT <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:31:41 -0400
On 9/15/2011 5:49 PM, David Blake wrote:

With antenna height we play the odds.  I think there was an article in
QST a year or two back when they did a statistical analysis of radiation
angle and antenna height.  Depending on the band a specific height would
give an angle that would be favored the majority of the time, BUT going
higher would favor lower angles giving stronger signals on longer
distances when such conditions were present.  Hence the "stack" would
allow switching to antennas that would favor conditions over a wide range.

73

Roger (K8RI)