Re: [TowerTalk] shipping large, heavy object

To: "'Jim Spears'" <n1nk@cox.net>, <yccc@yccc.org>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] shipping large, heavy object
From: "Jim Walker" <jim@walkersdomain.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 08:58:51 -0500
I highly recommend strapping it to a pallet with metal banding.  Contact
freight companies with terminals in your area and obtain shipping costs to
the buyer's destination.  If you can get the winch to the chosen shipper via
pickup truck, etc. it will save local transport charges.

If you can get it to the shippers terminal, if you have loaded the pallet
correctly they will be able to get a forklift under it to off load it.
Then, it?s the buyer's responsibility to figure out how to get it home on
his end.

Jim
KBØX