Re: [TowerTalk] shipping large, heavy object

To: n1nk@cox.net, yccc@yccc.org, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] shipping large, heavy object
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:01:50 -0400 (EDT)
Jim, standby for screwage! At that weight you will need a freight company
and they have all kinds of single shipment, residential pick up and other
minimum charges.

You might consider removing the motor and shipping in two cartons. Pallets
are a no no for UPS and Fedex parcel services. My recollection is they have
a  max weight of 150 pounds per carton.

If that is too much hassle, you might try Freightquote.com for a quote.
They will respond with quotes from several carriers and you can pick the one
you  trust.

If you decide to ship in cartons, pack well with the required three or four
 inches of padding on all six sides of the carton or damage claims will be
denied.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 9/20/2011 8:48:05 A.M. Central Daylight Time,