Re: [TowerTalk] Strange HV-18T HyTower issue

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Strange HV-18T HyTower issue
From: Bruce Beard <brucebeard@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 07:57:59 -0400
I am trying to be "scientific" in my approach here. The only common relays
or switches in the system ate in the tuner as the amp is new and the
condition predated it. The tuner is an AT5K plus with vacuum relays and a
roller inductor. I have the issue even when I put the tuner into "bypass".
This leads me to believe that the issue isn't in the inductor. The second
antenna is also connected to the same tuner, I have no problems with this
antenna so perhaps I should switch antenna ports and see if the problem
follows the antenna....
I have switched coax from the back of the tuner to the antenna with no
change in behaviour, that leaves the connector at the DX Engineering plate.
Could this be my issue? Maybe the flashover is a result of a short here? Is
there any way to test it? Should I get another one and see what happens?
73,
Bruce Beard
AB1KC
brucebeard@gmail.com