Re: [TowerTalk] Strange HV-18T HyTower issue

To: brucebeard@gmail.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Strange HV-18T HyTower issue
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 08:24:12 -0400 (EDT)
Bruce, what you describe sounds more like a cold solder joint, loose
connection, or relay contact problem. Typically a short due to a flashover
stays
shorted/does not heal itself.

You might try connecting the antenna coax directly to the radio antenna
connector to see how that works. If still bad, connect the antenna end of the
coax to a dummy load and retest. If still bad, the problem has to be in the
coax  run.

Once you have a system that works properly, you can add other pieces of
equipment until the problem reappears.

Happy hunting!

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 10/6/2011 6:58:21 A.M. Central Daylight Time,