Re: [TowerTalk] Best Grease for Rotor bearings ?

To: Tom Anderson <andersonww5l@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Best Grease for Rotor bearings ?
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 12:19:59 -0400
Interesting question, though and I'd propose that the choice of lubricants
may depend upon your geographic location.

I live on salt water in a tropical climate. I'm not concerned about low
temperature lubrication, but I am concerned about viscosity at sun-baked
temperatures, lubrication that doesn't disappear in wind whipped rainstorms
and overall corrosion resistance. I use Pennzoil multi purpose marine grease
on almost anything outside. I've rebuilt my rotators and used this grease
(sparingly) on the bearings.

Time will tell, but no problems so far.

73,

Mickey N4MB

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Tom Anderson <andersonww5l@sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> my thrust bearing is circa 1993 and has a grease fitting and the
> instructions then said to grease it.
>
> tom, ww5l

Mickey Baker
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me, and
I will learn.” Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.