Re: [TowerTalk] Solid center conductor LMR400 for crankup tower?

To: krishna kanakasapapathi <kkanakas@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Solid center conductor LMR400 for crankup tower?
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 21:03:46 -0700
The solid center conductor cables are spec'd for about 20 bends at the
specified radius.  I've been told that the failure mode is particularly
annoying - intermittent opens.  So depending on your crankup up/down
plans and how well you flake the cable for large radius bending, you may
have a reasonable life with a solid center coax.

9913-F7 is almost identical to LMR400 so why not use it or BuryFlex for
the up the tower run?  For 2m, 70cm and higher it might be worth playing
with LDF4 or bigger.

Grant KZ1W