Re: [TowerTalk] Pinning mast?

To: jimc@pwrone.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pinning mast?
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 13:51:09 -0800
The problem with the SlipNott (or whatever the spelling)
is that it depends on the mast being very close to 2 inches.
With just a little galvanizing, you end up having to deform
the clamp, and then the supposed large clamping area becomes
questionable.  This means that testimonials of successful
installations don't necessarily translate to your installation.

The clamps on the K7NV prop pitch are better IMHO because
they wrap all the way around and work like a big hose clamp.
Kurt is one of those rare engineers who seems to do everything
the right way, not the cheapest way.  As long as the mast
is circular, they will fit like a glove, at least within
limits.  My Texas Towers mast is close to the upper limit of diameter.

Rick N6RK