Re: [TowerTalk] Bazooka antenna

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bazooka antenna
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 15:26:12 -0500
YES, particularly for 40 and 80 (and of course 160), if can't get down a
good radial system and you're thinking horizontal polarization, first put
your time and money into getting height, then antenna. Even a simple
inverted V will play like gangbusters at 75-100 feet. Then start looking at
sloping dipoles or bent vertical dipoles for 40 and 80 , and quarterwave
slopers for 160,  which could also be part of the guying system. If you want
to keep it simple and reasonably efficient try an 80 meter inverted V, as
high as you can get it, fed with 450 ohm line and a good tuner.

Gene / W2LU